The Martindale CD1000 is a professional general purpose Cable Detector. It is ideal for tracing cables in walls and underground, locating fuses/breakers on live or dead circuits and locating interruptions and open-circuits in cables and electrical floor heating systems. It can also be used for tracing metallic water and heating pipes.
Using advanced digital circuit technology the Transmitter sends, to the target cable, an AC voltage modulated by digital signals which generate an alternating electric field. The alternating field is detected by the receiver sensor head, magnified and decoded. By localising the maximum signal strength detected, the path of a cable can be traced, a fuse can be found or a break in a cable/conductor.
The unit is supplied as a complete kit comprising of a Transmitter and Receiver in a case, set of test leads with crocodile clips, earthing rod, batteries and instructions.
- For all applications (live or dead cables) without additional instruments
- Proven digitally coded sender signal guarantees clear signal identification
- Transmitter with LCD display for transmitting level, transmitting code
- Receiver with a backlight LCD display for level of receiving signal, code of receiving signal and live voltage indication
- Automatic or manual adjustment of receiving signal sensitivity
- Mute function
- Auto power off
- Additional torch lamp for working in dark environments
- Additional transmitters can be used for multiple users