Internal Customer - Technical Support
Founded over 90 years ago, this well-established company manufactures a wide range of Test & Measurement equipment for use by Electrical Contractors and Industrial Maintenance staff across the UK. Our products are not just an alternative, they exceed the expectations of their users in reliability, quality & accuracy.
Due to substantial growth plans, we are looking for an enthusiastic Internal Technical/Sales and Customer support person to work alongside our current team.
Currently turning over £5m, we are looking to reach our £10m target in the next 5 years.
This is an excellent opportunity for a genuinely committed, hardworking and confident team player to make their mark.
Reporting to the UK & Ireland Sales Manager, you must be a highly skilled and determined individual who is articulate and intelligent and is a vital member of the sales team. Have experience maintaining and developing relationships with customers, assisting with technical queries and with a high-quality customer service experience. You must have an excellent telephone manner, natural ability to sell and up-sell when the opportunity arises.
- Reactively handling incoming phone calls from Customers & Distributors.
- Giving technical support to customers and Distributors, product training will be given.
- Always represent our business with the utmost degree of professionalism.
- Team player, but you will also be able to work well alone using own initiative.
- Handling enquiries via telephone, email and web chat advising on product lines and upselling.
- Dealing with Export enquiries and sending quotations.
- Maintain required record keeping and reporting of all activities through CRM.
- General ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Must have a proven track record working in Customer Support.
- Previous Technical role or an Electrical qualification an advantage, but not a prerequisite.
- Self-motivated, competitive with a passion for sales and Customer Service.
- Confident & professional telephone manner.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, and comfortable with using IT systems.
- Previous experience of electrical products required.
- First class customer service skills and a proactive, helpful approach is essential.
- Strong people skills and the ability to easily build rapport and business relationships with customers.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good excel skills to produce routine reports.
- Interest in the Web and ability to manage our eBay Outlet.
- Competitive salary plus bonus.
- 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays) additional 5 days after two years’ service.
- Free on-site parking.
- Casual dress code.
- Energy efficient office.
Full-time, permanent – office based in Watford