Junior Graphic Designer
Responsible for developing materials including graphics, campaign designs and visual content for Martindale and their sister company.
We’re looking for a creative, multi-disciplined Junior Designer to join our in-house Marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic graphic designer to get involved in creating on-brand visual communications across a range of mediums, help create and maintain our digital presence, and craft a range of printed material.
Our small, close-knit marketing team values collaboration and initiative. Our ideal candidate is a driven self-starter who knows the fundamentals of design & layout, has a passion for social, and is keen to learn new skills.
- Design concepts and content for digital platforms: including landing pages, e-shots, social media graphics, e-commerce channels and website graphics
- Think up ideas to build brand presence and grow our audience on our social media channels, ensuring a regular stream of posts.
- Enhance and maintain our visual E-commerce (Amazon) imagery
- Create engaging designs for marketing activities and campaigns, including posters, flyers, brochures and sales support materials.
- Provide design support for our product graphics, packaging, instruction manuals and labelling.
- Curate our digital asset library.
- Contribute to group brainstorms and bring innovative ideas to existing challenges that meet business requirements.
The ideal candidate
- Has an exciting portfolio to show off creativity and an eye for detail
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related
- Ideally 1 years industry experience
- Possesses a good understanding of Adobe CC, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (After Effects a bonus)
- Strong visual design skills with an eye for good typography, composition, and use of colour.
- Competent using social media
- Understanding of print and production processes would be ideal
- Ability to prioritise and organise own tasks
- Positive and engaging individual with a can-do attitude
- Content working independently, enjoys working as part of a team
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal – clearly articulates ideas and comfortable receiving constructive feedback
- A proactive appetite for learning new skills
- Photography skills desirable
- Some understanding of HTML + CSS is desirable
Who we are
With over 90 years of experience, Martindale Electric is one of the most trusted brands in electrical safety testing. If you work with electricity, Martindale helps keep you safe.
Our reputation for providing innovative and time-saving electrical measurement solutions for electricians and service professionals is backed up by a high standard of local service and support.
The company leads the way in safe isolation, providing simple and reliable solutions to ensure circuits have been de-energised and properly isolated prior to maintenance and modifications. Martindale electrical safety kits enable electricians and service personnel to stay safe by proving dead and locking off circuits during installation and maintenance, essential for compliance with Electricity at Work Regulations.
In addition to a market leading range of voltage testers, proving units, socket and continuity testers, Martindale Electric products include a comprehensive range of 18th edition installation testers, PATs and electrical and environmental test tools.
Based in Watford, our friendly team operate out of an open plan office where each team member has their own desk (appropriately spaced out). Benefits include on-site parking, a pension scheme, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 25 after 2 years), free snacks and coffee.