Martindale Part No: MARVIPD150
Nothing is more dangerous than trusting a defective voltage indicator to test for a dead circuit. Safe electrical work requires the use of a voltage indicator that has been proved with a proving device before and after use.
The Martindale VIPD150 contains the VI-15000 voltage indicator and the PD690 proving device, enabling you to comply with health and safety recommendations for safe working.
The new VI15000 has a 1000V CATIV safety rating and LED indication for AC/DC voltages from 50V to 690V and above, ensuring compliance with health and safety recommendations for safe working in all BS EN61010 installation categories. It’s the simplest and most reliable way to ensure circuits have been de-energised and properly isolated prior to maintenance and modifications.
Based on the industry endorsed VI3800, the new CATIV design not only provides improved protection against voltage transients, but also includes a high wattage resistor that will limit the current in the event of damage to the cable in accordance with BS EN61243-3. The protection is built in where it’s needed, in the handheld probe assembly rather than just in the instrument providing superior protection for the user to other testers.
The heavy duty, double insulated cable, large finger guard and a retractable, lockable prod sheath make this the safest, most durable and reliable instrument of its type. The new design complies with the requirements of the latest edition of GS38, Edition 4 2015.
The PD690 proving device produces 700V AC/DC to enable voltage indicators and other devices with ranges up to 700V to be checked. It is a portable, battery powered proving unit with the option of being driven from a 12V supply via a car or mains power supply. The kit is supplied with a combination carry case for both VI and PD products to ensure the proving unit is always to hand. For convenience and to save time, the proving unit can be used without having to remove it from the case.
Martindale VI-15000 Voltage Indicator
- Nominal Voltage Range: 50 - 1000V AC / DC
- Nominal Voltage Threshold Indications: 50, 100, 200, 400, 690 V DC/AC rms
- Nominal Voltage threshold tolerance: conforms to BS EN61243-3:2010
- Polarity indication: from approx 12V DC/AC rms
- AC/DC voltage detection: automatic
- Range detection: automatic
- Response time: < 0.1s
- Frequency range: DC, 1 - 400 Hz
- Test current: < 3.5mA at 1000V DC/AC rms
- Duty ratio: 30s ON (operated) / 240s OFF (recovery)
- Temperature & Humidity (operating & storage): -10°C to 55°C ≤ 85% R.H.
- Altitude: up to 2000m Pollution degree 2
- IP rating: IP54 /li>
- Power: from circuit under test
- Dimensions: 205(L) x 67(W) x 27(D) mm
- Weight: 130g approx.
- Includes: instructions
- Conforms to BS EN 61243-3:2010 CAT IV 1000V
- Class II, Double Insulation
- Pollution Degree: 2
- EMC: Conforms to BS EN 61326-1
Martindale PD690 Proving Unit
- -10°C to +40°C at max 70% RH
- 6 x LR6 / MN1500 1.5V alkaline batteries or equivalent
- 400g approx including battery